Wednesday 11 July 2012

Battling Monsoon

Hey there...I have my new post ready and I thought why not this time share some ideas and some favorites. It's monsoon again...the time of the year when as much as we love rains our skin and body begs to differ. So much humidity, climate change, dirt, pollution and so on. Everything attacks our skin in one go. So here i am sharing my own personal favorite products and tips to save you from the menace of a lethargic skin routine or the skin conditions synonymous with rains.


My favorites (from right to left)-
  • My M&M hair clutcher- It is a dark black with white and golden detailing fab looking hair piece. It helps me hold my hair when i am running late or all messed up because of rain and sweat. Being so classic in color i can use it with any every outfit that i want.
  •  Jergens Original Scent Body Moisturizer- Now everybody says what's the need of moisturizing when its already so humid. But, i beg to differ. Our skin needs a decent amount of moisturizing each time we bathe because soap and water strips the body of natural oils. I love Jergens as its non sticky and a bitter almond send just sends you in a tizzy and as acts as an instant wake me up for the skin. It provides with adequate moisturizing without being slimy or irritating the skin.
  •  Lacto Calamine- I cannot stress enough on the importance of lacto calamine lotion during all seasons. But, during summers and monsoons it becomes my ultimate go to product. It cleanses, refreshes and even reduces pimples and acne. A MUST HAVE!
  • Milk Honey Cleanser by Oriflame- Now when it comes to cremoving all the dirt and make up from the face without damaging the skin, nothing does a better job as Oriflame's Milk and Honey cleanser. Its so gentle on the skin but equally hard even on waterproof make up. Jut put some on a cotton and rub it on the face and finish with a splash of water on the face and the skin feels fresh and rejuvenated.
  • Yardley Dutches- Yardley has been my fragrance I don't know since when :P I absolutely love it. Dutches particularly is very floral and fresh and just a spray is enough to make me feel good. 
  •  Himalya Protective Sunscreen Lotion- Yes sunscreen is important even when its raining and you cant see the sun as the UVA and UVB rays are present and can penetrate through the clouds. I use this when i am, at home and I don't need a very high SPF.
  • Body Shop Strawberry Lip Balm and NYX Pink and Purple Nail Paints-  Now if you ask me why this particular lip balm I would just say that I can almost eat it up...the sweetness...the fragrance and also the pretty red tint makes it my favorite and enough for my simple no make up look. Pink and Purple are just my general favorites to beat the weather blues. Basically, the idea is to have something to cheer you up. 
  • Oxy Glow Hair Tonic- air suffer the most during weather changes and especially during rains and need special extra care. For me my Gennie in a bottle is this hair tonic which I apply the night before washing my hair and Lo, I have smooth frizz free repaired hair after a wash. Again a must :)
  • Clean and Clear Morning Energy Face Wash- It has been recently launched and i have already become a fan of it. (anything to do with berries I instantly fall in love with it) The beads gently clean the pores and the fragrance makes you feel so alive and fresh. Ideal for monsoons.
  • Lotus Safe Sun SPF 50 Sunscreen- My best friend, my boyfriend...this product is my everything especially when i am stepping outdoor in the sun. It provides adequate coverage and there is a visible difference in the amount of tanning that has gone and prevented just by using this. I recommend this to everyone.
  •  Cream Silk Reshape Volume 4x- this voluminousness conditioner is best for monsoons when hair tend to get limp and dull. It adds shine and four times more volume than any other conditioner and can be used after any regular shampoo.
So divas, this was all about my personal favorites and my reasons to use them. And, all of these have been of amazing help to manage my skin and hair needs.

But, its not just cosmetics but also eating right and taking adequate precautions that go a long way.

Have fun and enjoy the weather and do send in your favorites so that we can share them with the rest of the Divas. :)

                                                                           Love
                                                                   Prachi xoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Wow i am sooo going to try some of these products. they look good :)

    ReplyDelete